October 9, 2011

Mary-Faith Pittman

As I sit here stumped on how to start my blog, I turn to my friend Mary-Faith and ask her how I should start out and she replies:

“FACT: Mary-Faith is awesome.”

Seems as good a place to start as any!

Despite our slightly abusive relationship, Mary-Faith is a wonderful friend, who I am very very thankful for. First off, she kills the moths and spiders in my room.  Living in the “wilderness” has its perks, but the abundance of insects that somehow make their way into my room is not one of them.  Once there was a nearly human sized spider in my room ready to attack my face, and in my fear I fled to Mary-Faith, who although still sleeping, got out of bed to slaughter the spider which was clearly threatening my life. That is love. I think the Bible talks about it, “Faith, hope and spider killing, but the greatest of these is spider killing”.  

Mary-Faith, or MaFa as well refer to her here, also gives me back rubs and lets me eat all her purple candies. She is great. And she probably has the most quotes on the quote wall, that’s just how funny she is. 

A particularly funny instance that resulted in a quote for the quote wall was a few weeks ago during class.  Mary-Faith, Anna Woita (my BFF/clone/other-half) and I all sit in the back row of the classroom which needless to say results in many suppressed fits of laughter.  Our main professor while here at Snow Wolf Lodge is Dr. Bauman and his teaching style is wonderful and scary because he makes you think, but you never know when he will call on you, and if he does call on you, you better have an answer.  Well, I’m sure the three of us in the back were goofing off, so Dr. B called on Mafa, and asked her a question.  Pretty sure we were not paying attention so, he basically slaughtered her.  Afterwards, with a slightly defeated look, MaFa turns to me and Anna, raises her arm and reveals her rather sweaty pits to us. “This happened just now” she whispers, and off we three go laughing hysterically once more under our breath.   

We definitely laugh a lot here, it is keeping me young, I think I’ve added at least ten years to my life for all the laughter that goes on here!  Although Mary-Faith did tell me the other I should start acting my age, but I’m having far too much fun to heed her advice. Plenty of time for growing up next year! 

I shall leave you with another brilliant quote from Mary-Faith:

“Poops is with God now”


Ps- Poops was a cat.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog! You'll enjoy having a place to share your thoughts and memories and spider stories. And I'm so glad all those years of making Mary-Faith (...I refuse to call anyone MaFa who has such a beautiful God-inspired name!)get up in the night to kill a roach for me, is paying off for you. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Poops is with God now"

    -MaFa must be a fan of "Harvard Sailing Team"
    see "Boys will be Girls."

    ReplyDelete